Why We Love Caesar SaladSeptember 30, 2021
Health Benefits From Eating CrabOctober 12, 2021
Although Halloween seems like a free-for-all because anyone can dress up in a whacky costume, a crab feast has to be held with rules to maintain traditions. The following covers ten tongue-in-cheek rules for your Halloween Crab Feast.
- Get at least medium-sized crabs for your feast because serving smalls is plain rude. If it’s just you and your life partner, get large. If it’s just you, get jumbos.
- The best way to eat a crab is always up for debate; it depends on your own preferences. Some may want to start with the claws versus the apron. Some will prefer vinegar to butter. One fast and hard rule: do not wear a bib. This is not a lobster feast!
- No do-overs! The moment you lay a finger on a crab, it is forever yours. Don’t let anyone see you weigh a crab with your hand, then return it.
- A crab feast is not a pizza party where each guest is allocated an equal number of slices. You can power through as many crabs as you desire. No need to fret about anyone lagging behind.
- Eyes will be on the way you eat. Make sure you are thorough and not wasteful. Clean out your crab, including the claws. Maryland Blue Crabs are worth the effort.
- Picking a crab is your job. Anyone who has the nerve to ask a loved one for help may be ejected after a couple of warnings.
- Guests leaving the table to wash their hands may be tasked by others to bring back beers, condiments, butter, utensils, etc.
- Crabs are just like appetizers. Be prepared to be patient and dine on other dishes before they are steamed and served.
- A crab feast is a demonstration of survival of the fittest. The last individual at the table gets all the respect and becomes the chief of the tribe.
- Be grateful. If you are invited to a crab feast, you are considered to be someone special. Make sure to pay your compliments to the host and say thank you.
Lovers of fat, juicy crab and amazing seafood don’t have to drive to Baltimore, Ocean City, Hooper’s Island, or Annapolis anymore. Stay close to home and enjoy wonderful deliciousness all year round at our two new locations in Maryland!
Our Crofton branch can accommodate a large party group, so if you are interested in reserving tables, please call (443) 302-2680.